Monday, April 25, 2011

forget you.

I keep forgetting. I keep forgetting how much I have. How lucky I am that I live where I do. I keep forgetting to thank them for all they do for me. For all they sacrifice on my behalf. I keep forgetting to say sorry. To swallow my pride and admit I'm wrong. I keep forgetting to enjoy my time here. To stop and smell the roses. I keep forgetting to be comfortable with who I am. To be happy being me. When will we own ourselves completely? I keep forgetting to write in my journal. To clean my room. I keep forgetting where I put my keys. They're around here somewhere... I keep forgetting I'm an adult. Not a child. No more whining and crying. I keep forgetting... on purpose. I keep forgetting to forget you. I keep forgetting I'm not the only person on this earth. I keep forgetting the important things. His birthday. Her wedding day. Oops... I keep forgetting to just breathe. I keep forgetting to be there for you. To hug you and tell you I love you. I just assume you know. I keep forgetting that you might cry, too. I keep forgetting to tell you that you're my best friend. That you're gorgeous and those boys have no clue what they're missing. And tonight is not the last time I'll see the light.

I keep forgetting to... i forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment